Friday, August 15, 2014

Playtest Countdown!

Well, I have 4 of the 5 actions scenes ready for play testing

For this next con, my codirector Matthew C. will be outlining the fifth action scene!  Some of you may remember the scenario he wrote for Jedi and Sith in Canyonside back in 2009, and as many of you know, he has the skillz needed to run it, so it should be fanTAStic!

On a personal note, it's nice to collaborate with someone who cut his chops with HiBRiD/IGE rather than other more conventional games, and it is always fun to watch the looks on his face when he plays other games and people ask him to roll damage or make him follow some action-slowing game mechanic. I guess I ruined D&D for him totally! :)

While I am at it, I would also like to say that it is also awesome to have return players every other year. When I started the Canyonside events in 2001, I had no idea people would be returning to play again and again. If someone had told me back then that people would be coming back every 2 years to play an unpublished game system, I would never have believed it. So thank you all; it would seem that we have started something, and it should be interesting to see where it goes.

Well, the summer is over, so work will begin in earnest, so stay tuned to the blog folks...I will be signing up to run the first playtest at ENWorld Game Day in Mount Prospect IL some time this fall and will keep you all posted!

Have fun, roll 20s, and don't let the rules keep you from having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast Complete. Game Complete. Art In Progress. Platform Change once agian.

Well, I finished the podcast. While I got a few listens, the amount of effort required to produce did not equate to either enjoyment or incr...