Sunday, April 1, 2012

Beauty Is Where You Find It

Lately, my creative juices have been applied to work of all things. I have been learning JavaScript and Visual Basic to integrate and rebuild my boss's and my productivity and cost savings documentation databases and reports into a smooth unified whole where I can simply port my data into the database from the documentation application, push a single button on a form, and have all the queries and reports run and automatically emailed to all the people who need them at once. The result: What is now taking me 3 to 5 hours to complete each month will take me but 3-5 minutes!

What does this have to do with HiBRiD?

Visual Basic is an ugly language, but it has allowed me to free my mind to think about other things, has led me to the completion of the second module of the HiBRiD Character Creation Rails application. Learning JavaScript at the same time has led to the first version of the view (web browser interface) for the application as well.

The original Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (AD&D) is an ugly game, but from its ugliness came the inspiration for HiBRiD.

Finally, the ugly movie The Black Hole that I just got done watching had really cool lasers that are worth porting to the HiBRiD game.

The upshot of this: From ugly comes beauty....you just need to open your mind and look for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast Complete. Game Complete. Art In Progress. Platform Change once agian.

Well, I finished the podcast. While I got a few listens, the amount of effort required to produce did not equate to either enjoyment or incr...