Thursday, April 12, 2018

HiBRiD Status Update: First Readthrough complete

All:

As you may or may not know, the second rough draft of the character creation rules is complete and is now going through a series of readability edits. Involved in the process will be a 10-, 12-, and 14 year old, and my good friend, Flippy, creator of the Tiny Horsies RPG, whom I had the pleasure of meeting after I had reviewed his fantastic game on this blog several years ago.

The HiBRiD character creation prose are complete and have finished their first read through at the 10-year old reading level. In general, the reader found the rules easy to follow, found a few places where clarity needed to be added, and requested a few more examples to understand the step where the player chooses a character Origin.

In the process of fixing the manuscript, I was able to eliminate another 2 pages of cruft from the rules and streamline the prose a bit.

I have finished my revisions and moved on to the next reading level: 12 years old. If anyone else is interested in doing a readability audit, please let me know!

Until then, keep playing games and spending Ite'!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast Complete. Game Complete. Art In Progress. Platform Change once agian.

Well, I finished the podcast. While I got a few listens, the amount of effort required to produce did not equate to either enjoyment or incr...