Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The HiBRiD Ite' Coin and Logo

Here are two little gems I posted on the HiBRiD Facebook page, but am reposting here, primarily because I resent passive-aggressive pseudosocializing that goes on there and I resent being forced to use their lame, unintuitive Timeline format; it just serves as free advertising; I do my real creative work here. So, without further adieu, in the heart of HIBRiD, here is the exposition scene.

Several years ago, I realized I needed a logo for the game and petitioned one of my players, Matt, to help me design one. He game up with the following excellent logo:





I loved so much about it except that it was a bit too "Batman" for me, so I decided to mock up a version that reflected the game a bit more, so I changed the first period to the accent mark found in the word "Ite'" and the second with the face of a 20 sided die. I also used a font I designed back in 1988 to get the following:





About two years ago, while playing Poekmon with my kids, I also came up with the idea of players using coins to signify they were "kicking it up a notch" or otherwise using a point of Ite'. In a fit of inspiration, I sketched the following:



As you can see, I combined the two logos, modified the border just a bit to fit the font, and added a few touches on the outside to complete the logo. I also took the tiime to sketch the font and note relative font sizes.

So, with the design work complete. all that remains is to convert it to an SVG file and send it off the coin makers. The plan is to make two versions: One in plastic for mass production and a series of metal ones as collectibles for return players, playtesters, and other enthusiasts who promote the game.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast Complete. Game Complete. Art In Progress. Platform Change once agian.

Well, I finished the podcast. While I got a few listens, the amount of effort required to produce did not equate to either enjoyment or incr...